- Partner, 1991
Anita Gurnani is a partner of the firm with 25 years of experience. Prior to establishing the firm in 1991, she was associated with other law firms in the areas of Immigration and Nationality Law.
After obtaining her Bachelor's of Law Degree from the Bombay University in India, Ms. Gurnani immigrated to the U.S. in 1984. She then proceeded to obtain her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Rutgers University in 1988 and was admitted to the New Jersey, New York and the Federal Bars. Being an immigrant herself, Ms. Gurnani is sensitive to the needs of her clients and their families.
For the past 25 years, Ms. Gurnani has handled Family Based Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visas, Employment-Based Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visas and Naturalization and Citizenship Applications.
Ms. Gurnani guides clients through their immigration issues from start to finish by providing personal attention to each step of their case. After meeting with you and answering all your questions and analyzing your case, she will provide you with a creative solution and explain to you the process and time frame involved so that there are no surprises. Ms. Gurnani will thoroughly prepare and present your case and subsequently prepare you for your interview whether at the USCIS District office or the U.S. Consulate and will represent you at your interview at the USCIS District office.
She advocates for each of her clients with compassion and dedication and has a strong following of past clients who have continued to refer their families and friends to her over the last several years.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law
- New York, 1988
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1988
- India, 1983
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1987
- Bombay University College of Law, Bombay
- LL.B - 1981
- University of Bombay
- B.Sc. - 1978
- Major: Chemistry
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar, 1988
- New Jersey State Bar, 1988
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1991 to Present
- New Jersey Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1991 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Aprigliano, Traylor & Alai, Morristown, New Jersey, Associate
- Law Offices of Ethel Mallor, Esq., Elizabeth, New Jersey, Associate
- Law Offices of Robert Doris, Esq., Newark, New Jersey, Law Clerk